National Inter-Ministerial Dialogues on Climate Change
One of the first major activities for countries participating in the project, Capacity Development for Policy Makers to Address Climate Change, is the organization of a National Inter-Ministerial Dialogue. The objective of the Dialogue is to bring a broad group of national players -- in particular, policy makers from key line ministries -- to the table to raise awareness about the Bali Road Map negotiations and implications for national policies.
To ground the international context, the sessions on Bali building blocks of mitigation and adaptation are centered on the key sectors selected by the countries. Participants are also introduced to the UNDP methodology for assessing investments and financial flows. Recommendations from the workshops are presented to Ministers during a high-level session. Media coverage of this event is also encouraged.
NATIONAL DIALOGUE RESOURCE KIT (UNDP, 2010) -- available in SIX languages for public use
In response to demand, UNDP created a generic version of the National Dialogue materials that can be tailored to national circumstances. This comprehensive package contains all the materials provided to project countries for undertaking an Inter-Ministerial Dialogue on Climate Change, including:
- Detailed guidance to conducting a Dialogue
- Presentations on the Bali Road Map (includes results from the most recent UNFCCC climate talks in Barcelona on 2-6 November 2009)
- Annotated and participant agendas
- Working group moderator guidance and discussion questions
- Participant surveys (to assess baseline knowledge)
- Evaluation and feedback forms
- UNDP summaries of all UNFCCC climate talks in 2009
- The Bali Road Map: Key Issues Under Negotiation (UNDP, 2008)