UNFCCC webinar on long-term finance - recording available
- Published on Thursday, 27 September 2012 19:55
- Written by Susanne Olbrisch
UNFCCC work programme on long-term finance - first webinar
This webinar discussed various approaches applied to assessment of financing needs to implement mitigation and adaption measures in developing countries in the longer term. The presentations will drew upon relevant technical and analytic work including the 'National Economic, Environment and Development Study (NEEDS) for Climate Change' Project of UNFCCC and UNDP's global project 'Capacity Development for Policy Makers to Address Climate Change'. It also discussed the methodologies used to assess financial flows that support climate change mitigation and adaptation activities.
In particular, the webinar reviewed the following important issues, namely:
- Methodologies used for measuring climate-related finance needs at global, regional, and country level
- Lessons learned from application of "top-down" and "bottom-up" approaches in climate financial needs assessments
- Conditions that enable accurate assessment of mitigation and adaptation related finance needs in developing countries
- Methodologies used for tracking climate mitigation and adaptation financial flows
To listen to the recording of the first part of the webinar click here.
To listen to the recording of the second part of the webinar click here.
To access the work programme on long-term finance click here.
The UNFCCC has also established an e-discussion on these issues, which can be joined here.